40×20 Irish World Trials/Junior Nationals latest news
The below is courtesy of GAA Handball Ireland
in association with O’Neill’s
(Saturday 18th – Sunday 19th April 2015, in Kingscourt, Cavan and surrounding venues)
Qualifiers on Saturday 4th April 2015 (Easter Saturday) in venues nationwide.
Could you please forwarded this to all your Co. P.R.O., Club Secretaries and all your handball contacts.
Online entry for the 2015 Irish World Trials / Junior Nationals will be up shortly on the website.
ENTRY DEADLINE FRIDAY 20th MARCH 2015 @ 12 MIDNIGHT
The six grades which will decide the Official Irish Junior Team are as follows:
Boys 19 & Under Singles
Boys 17 & Under Singles
Boys 15 & Under Singles
Girls 19 & Under Singles
Girls 15 & Under Singles
Girls 17 & Under Singles
Please note as these are the World Trials Grades, then the World Championship age limits applies, i.e. for 15 & Under players, the player must be 15 or Under on the last day of the tournament – 21st August 2015.
The grades that are being run this year are as follows:
Boys 13 & Under Singles
Girls 13 & Under Singles
Boys 11 & Under Doubles
Girls 11 & Under Doubles
For players to be eligible for the above Junior Nationals grades then they must meet the age requirement on the day of the final, i.e. for 11 & Under players, the player must be 11 or Under on the 19th April 2015.
Please note there are no B Grades this year as this is a Worlds Year and every player has a right to aim for the Worlds Team. Same applies for the 13 & Under grades. There will be plate competitions for all first round loser in all grades.
· Entries will only be accepted through the online system and can be paid for by credit card or laser card.
- No entries will be accepted after the closing date. All entries received after the deadline will go on a sub lists as long as payment is received by the office. If drop out’s occur at the last minute then these sub’s will be allocated a position in order.
- Players can only enter one grade.
- By entering this competition you automatically agree to be available to play on both the qualifying weekend and the national’s weekend – as above. As other years the 11 & Under Boys and Girls Doubles competitions are only played on the main weekend i.e. 18th – 19th April.
- Please note you will get a conformation email back from myclubfinances.comto confirm that your entry was successful. If you don’t receive this email conformation then you must complete the registration process again.
- Accommodation options will be released shortly.